View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 04:52 AM   #15
wdmso

The regulations against what this man did, didn't prevent him from doing what he did. Laws and regulations aren't the perfect solution.

my Views on regulations
my point is very clear, (less regulations will only benefit profits not workers) yet you'll still repeat GOP talking point that reductions in regulation are some how beneficial or just that people like the cod father would just do it anyway

take illegal immigration many have no issue using the argument that more Laws and regulations along the border would prevent crimes from Illegals.. i dont hear you say current regulations or laws "didn't prevent him from doing what he did. as an excuse for their crimes"

Laws and regulations aren't the perfect solution. I agree 100% but if the Codfather had less regulations the ease which he committed his crimes could have easily been greater

Trump wants to abandon all rules and turn America into the Wild West.

Thats exactly what he wants to do have you not paid attention to his appointments or his actions ?/

there are 29 superfund sites in MA and 8 military sites here is just one and an example of past failures create regulations

The Shpack landfill was situated on land owned by Isadore and Lea Shpack. Isadore Shpack, a Russian immigrant and retired New York City municipal employee, began allowing dumping on the property in an effort to fill in its swamp. He then planned to raise an orchard and cultivate vegetables on the reclaimed land.[7][15] Shpack allowed completely unregulated dumping and is reported locally to have accepted any type of waste which was refused by the neighbouring municipal landfill.[16]

The ALI landfill was originally Attleboro's municipal dump from the 1940s until 1975. In 1975 it was purchased by Attleboro Landfill Inc. which continued to use it as a landfill until 1995.[17]

Discovery of contamination[edit]
In 1978 John Sullivan, a 20-year-old local resident who was also a student at the Florida Institute of Technology, became curious about why snails in the area were losing their shells. He visited the Shpack site with a Geiger counter which detected a high level of radiation emissions.[4][15][18][19] Initially "ridiculed" about his claim of discovering radioactivity at the dump, Sullivan contacted the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) which then carried out its own investigation and confirmed the presence of radioactivity.[20] The site was found to contain Radium-226, Radium-228, Uranium-235, Uranium-236 and Uranium-238.[20] The presence of Uranium-236 was indicative of reprocessed reactor fuel being dumped at the site,