View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 12:44 PM   #68
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"You didn't read the article did you?"

Nope. So I'll repeat the question, what has been shown to reduce the disparity and is sustainable. Is the disparity 'bad'? If Bill Gates earns another million dollars today, why is that bad? He didn't steal it from anyone, no one else is a million dollars poorer, and he will pay some taxes on it, spend some, invest some, give some away. Those are all good things. The liberal fixation on the wealthy makes zero sense. The more wealthy people there are, the less the feds need to take form everyone else.

"Why would you think I could explain Bill Clinton to you?"

In other words, you have no response, because there is no reasonable response. But you aren't about to admit that.

Let me tell you this, when my beliefs cannot withstand the scrutiny of such a simple question, that's the day I re-think what I believe.
Jim,
You have a very narrow set of beliefs, Jim's right and everyone who disagrees with him is foolish and a liberal. Since you can't even read an article that might conflict with your beliefs of course you can withstand scrutiny in your mind because you have no reason to question what you know.
You are truly qualified as a member of the Super Elite
Bill Gates is perfectly capable of explaining the problems with income distribution but you likely won't read that either
http://fortune.com/2014/10/15/bill-g...me-inequality/

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin