View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 07:55 PM   #82
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch
9 out of 10 report the same story? Is there some collusion that they choose to reflect each other? Or are they motivated by the same bias?

Posted by wdmso
if there is 1 story reported on multiple stations Thats not Bias if their were 10 cars involved in the accident and its reported as such thats how News works.

Detbuch;
So what's the point of the metric? What's the significance? If 9 out of 10 report the story and 1 in 10 doesn't, what's the significance? If 1 out of ten reports a story and 9 out of 10 don't, what's the significance? What is the point of those ratios? Are we to assume that the outlier, because it is outnumbered, gets a negative rating?

And if similar or exact language is used in all the 9 out of 10 reports, is that just coincidence?

Detbuch:
Has anyone rated World Press Freedom? Does it have a bias?

wdmso:
is that how you dispute their information just call it Bias ? and the truth goes away ?? Facts are facts bias only help change the story in ones mind you demonstrate that skill often (see comment above )

Detbuch:
Bias is one of the metrics used by your source, World Press Freedom, to rate the various news outlets. If your source can evaluate a news organization by how biased it is, is it not fair to ask if World Press Freedom has a bias?

Detbuch:
You lie when you say "But for Trump and his supporters its all Fake lies made to discredit him..." It's not ALL fake news, but much of it is, including minimization or omission of positive news re Trump.

wdmso:
Now that is a Dear leader comment if i have ever heard one .. and here i thought right leaning people were against the every deserves a trophy .... if you need the media to show Trump in a positive image of report positive news of Trump . move to Russia or North Korea where they are very good at it. or have him actually do or say some positive things...

Detbuch
No. It's not as complicated or exaggerated as you make it. I was simply pointing out that you lie (or exaggerate) when you say that Trump, or his supporters claim that All news is fake.

wdmso:
Is there a personal or intellectual line Trump can not cross ?? or are you just willing to shelve morals, personal integrity, and comon decency to get a crumb that may fall off Trumps Table

Detbuch:
where do you get all that nonsense? Does your bias, as you put it, change the story in your mind?

wdmso:
reference to Franklin D. Roosevelt,

“Should we go back to 16 years? Congressman, can we have that extended? The last time I jokingly said that, the papers started saying 'he's got despotic tendencies!' No, I'm not looking to do it, unless you want to do it.”

“He's now president for life. President for life,” Trump said of Xi. “No, he's great. And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot someday.”

Sorry its not hyperbole when it comes from the POTUS

Detbuch:
Why not? Why isn't it playful sarcasm? Having fun? You're such a self-righteous fussbudget. Relax. Enjoy. Life is short. Presidential terms are shorter.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-03-2018 at 08:11 PM..