View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 12:06 PM   #22
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltheart View Post
I'm having a haed time finding out if the illegal entry itself is a feloney. It certainly is a federal Crime and best as I can tell , may be a felony if you use false papers or give false info or several other things you might do to avoid detection.

Anyway , isn't the initial federal Crime of illegal entry enough to deport them? Why do they have to commit another serious crime before we are willing to send them home?

I don't understand the cost argument. It seems to me that if the process of sending them home when caught was streamlined , it would be a small cost compared to the potential costs that add up over their years here.

Nobody addressing the fact that they are commiting a crime to get in line ahead of the other honest people who do it right? I don't see how anyone can defend the idea that committing the crime of illegal entry warrants them getting preferencial treat ahead of those who do it right and apply and wait their turn.
agree, agree and agree.
So a state is unhappy with the Fed enforcement, passes its own law to enforce. And what happens? Towns and other instiutions,across the country, like Cambridge MA, boycott products/services from the state. The Federal govt sues the state for passing the law!
Goes what party passed the law, guess what party is suing and boycotting them?

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all