View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
After Trump's initial request for help in general with the "whole situation" in Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.:

Zelensky: "I will personally tell you that one of my assistants spoke with Mr. Giuliani just recently and we are hoping very much that Mr. Giuliani will be able to travel to Ukraine and we will meet once he comes to Ukraine."

One of the things Giuliani would have brought up and would again would be the Bidens involvement in Ukraine corruption. Zelensky's mention of Giuliani would have sparked Trump's reaction to the Bidens being part of the "whole situation."

And BTW, it is perfectly legitimate to ask for assistance in determining Biden's son's involvement, especially since he was being investigated before the prosecutor was fired. Biden is not immune simply because he is a candidate running against Trump.

Again, everything Trump asked for was perfectly valid per the mutual assistance treaty.
What was Guiliani's role?

What did he contact Ukrainian officials for and under what governmental authority?

The treaty is quite clear on how it works and nothing that was done was within the lines.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin