View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
Saltheart

Darn old lawnmower.

I have a nice ridearound for 99% of my cutting. I do like to use an old self propelled rotary mower about twice a yea5r on hard to get to spots and every year I spend more time fighting with the old mower to get it running than I do using it. This year it started very easily and I thought I had it made in the shade. Now its just running on the gas that gets pumped in by the priming bulb then it stops. The float must be stuck (corroded). Its an easy fix except every time you try to get the float cup cover off to exercise the float , the o-ring gets squished. One thing about having the same mower so long is you know its problems but its still a pain to have to go through the start up ritual every year. I may buy a new one next season but this year its too late to be getting a new one that will get used a couple of times then stored all winter.

Maybe do some late season clearance bargain hunting and buy this year but not use until next.

Sorry , just my vent after getting my head fried out in the sun woirking on it. Supposed to get cooler about 6 PM so I'll try again then.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote