View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 08:39 PM   #14
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Sooooo happy my fuel tank replacement is behind me! The thought of it keeps me from considering some larger Gradys of the same vintage.

Joe, I know you know what you are doing, but might as well share this for reading material and for others who may not know the process or some of the tricks others have learned...

https://www.boatoutfitters.com/repla...1OVFA9,19UHC,1
I will say this about coosa, it is rediculosly expensive, and for all practical purposes, a huge waste of money, it's just trendy, properly sealed marine plywood will last longer than most people will keep their boats, in my case, mine will be rock solid long after I'm taking a dirt nap
I've done many of them, the demo is probably the hardest part, I've got most of the grinding done..what's left is fun..
This is not a difficult job,it only requires a basic understanding of boat construction, willingness to work hard and get dirty, if you have the proper tools, proper safty equipment and do your due diligence on prep work, its not a big deal, some people tend to over think and complicate the build, the proper planning makes the job go smoothly, I'll be fabricating the transome out of 3 layers of Okoume, laminated with thickened epoxy,the stringers will be laminated 3/4 Okoume, totally encased in glass then bedded and filleted with thickened epoxy and then tabbed in with 2 layers of 1708 and 2 layers of 1.5 ounce mat..
Easy peasy..I'll be jigging haddock in May.

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote