View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 10:57 AM   #12
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Am I wrong in thinking that the Syrian refugees that would be coming to the US have been sitting in camps across the boarder in Jordan for years ???
Isn't that a lot different than all the Syrians who dashed across the boarder into turkey and have flooded into Europe ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Maybe, maybe not. Some reporting states that they have been a queue for 2 years.

FBI Director says vetting would be really hard

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...es-from-syria/

Quote:
FBI Director James Comey added in congressional testimony last month that “a number of people who were of serious concern” slipped through the screening of Iraq War refugees, including two arrested on terrorism-related charges. “There’s no doubt that was the product of a less than excellent vetting,” he said.

Although Comey said the process has since “improved dramatically,” Syrian refugees will be even harder to check because, unlike in Iraq, U.S. soldiers have not been on the ground collecting information on the local population. “If we don’t know much about somebody, there won’t be anything in our data,” he said. “I can’t sit here and offer anybody an absolute assurance that there’s no risk associated with this.”

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: