Thread: Not a racist
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 11:43 AM   #38
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"She claimed on her job app. that she was Native American? I didn't know that. "According to the link below she didn't indicate it on her application.

yes, and Harvard advertised her as a Native American professor. Maybe she genuinely believed it. I find that unlikely.

"Did it help her get the job?"

As a professor at Harvard? You bet it did...See the link below - people in the meeting claim it was never discussed.

"So isn't she Native American give she has like 5% - 10% NA blood"

Nowhere near that much. In fact, the DNA test showed she had less than the average European Caucasian. I'm not sure why or how most of us have more Native American blood than her, but that's the math.

She lied to get a cushy, lucrative job in academia.Where is the proof - that at some point they determined/found out she had some native American blood so they decided to claim they had a minority on staff? It's not as bad as murder, and doesn't mean she couldn't make the country a better place. What it might mean, is that there are losers on both sides, and I'd really like a consistent set of standards applied to everyone. I doubt she has as many ethical lapses in her past as Trump does. But liberals don't want to discuss this at all, yet they want to dissect everything Trump does.more that liberals don't like what he says (although admittedly they don't like what he does also).
Most said they were unaware of her claims to Native American heritage and all but one of the 31 said those claims were not discussed as part of her hire. One professor told the Globe he is unsure whether her heritage came up, but is certain that, if it did, it had no bearing on his vote on Warren’s appointment.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...O0K/story.html