View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 10:04 PM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Our Schools are hurting

Our immigration policy sucks

Our economy is doing so well yet so many of us are struggling

Heath Care is going to out cost us

Our industrial backbone has been paletized and sent back to China on the same container ships that brought ueber cheap goods here in the first place

Our technological edge is being offshored with our industry in the name of quick profit - remember, our technology was going to be our saving grace as our "working" jobs went overseas.

This administration and senior civilian and in some cases military leadership has let down the American Soldier and Marine

"WE" never really mobilized to support our men and women in the military. Instead there was a tax cut.

Our "welfare state" needs drastic reform to prevent the circle of dependence

The list of problems in this great country goes on and on. The Greatest Generation was handed a growing country in the depths of dispair. The Greatest Generation then defended, employed, engineered, healed, fostered, and the led our great country. Then the Greatest Generation handed their sons and daughters this experience in freedom and responsibility. Some, perhaps too many of these sons and daughters are now squandering what they have been given. It gives me pause to see where this country is today as we as a nation waver on this path between good and evil, honor or self interest. We spend toooooo much time bickering across lines of a party, polarized to a point where free and rational thought is but a glimpse of what it could be.

I have never served in the military. Closest I came was AJROTC. But I was a psuedo military brat and met many of yesterdays military leaders and went to school with their kids. I have seen what to not be free is. I have been to beaches and forests where Americans gave their lives in the thousands. I have been to "facilities" that housed elements of the "final solution". I have seen Joy and I have seen Pain.

I have much to hope for and to believe in with this country and I hope it can be turned around.

As a nation, we need to fear being divided and the dividers. As a nation we need to do things in our best interests, not that of the individual. Above all, we cannot become complacent. That will be our final doom. Complacency.

Rant Off.... BTW - I did like the piece StriperSniper - there is a lot to be said. But it could foster complacency

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: