View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #50
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=scottw;1020128it's a little surprising to see Jim however, who spends significant time railing about the inefficiencies and looming financial disaster created by various government programs and the inherent dynamics that occur when government involves itself in many things, would seek to have government attempt to solve this issue...[/QUOTE]

Scott, I agree with you on the vast majority of the issues, an dI respect the way you state your opinions, including the way you are stating your opinions here. You make a very, very compelling case, and I admit I don't have an effective response to many of your arguments.

I do rail against the hole we are in with entitlements, as it was avoidable...I don't want to go broke myself, so that we can reward blocks of citizens with financial perks that are insanely expensive.

My assumption is that we could, collectively, make a big dent in reducing stress of people like my friends, without making extreme sacrifices. Hell, if the feds could wisen up and gut (or eliminate) wasteful boondoggles like the Dept of education, dept of energy, etc...that alone might provide the funds. It'd be a better allocation of those dollars, that's for sure...

Good jousting, though.