View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 02:20 PM   #17
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Just remember how Tweety's denial, blaming and deflection has changed the conversation away from the virus and his failed response, that you and he claim he was not responsible for.

I haven't noticed that the conversation has changed away from the virus. But if you say so, it must be so. You are an expert. Obviously, I must rescind whatever it is you claim that I claimed. You are an expert.

Not.

The United States makes up less than 5% (1/20th) of global population. There’s absolutely no excuse for our country having 1/4th of the world’s COVID-19 cases & 1/5th of the world’s deaths. The death tally, especially, contradicts the claims that testing has inflated our numbers.

There is no other population that is as diverse, unmanageable, independent, intransigent, resistant, obstinate, uncooperative, noncompliant, confrontational, challenging, aggressive, belligerent, pugnacious, bellicose, combative, as the American population. The numbers and percentage game with a population like that, and within the battleground of a nastily divided government which reflects its population in its resistance to the opposing party, may actually make those numbers look pretty reasonable. Amazing that we have done so well, considering what we are.

Serious question: If you were asked to articulate the U.S. government's plan for stopping the spread of coronavirus, could you?
There was supposedly a plan in place but was dormant and had not really been followed by any level of federal or state government or by regulatory agencies for a decade, which the administration was able to restore and tweak. I don't think any of us believe that the politicians were the ones who could do anything other than supervise over the plan. The details, logically, would be up to various "experts," especially in pandemic and epidemiological research and control, as well as the empowered regulatory agencies who should have been maintaining the plan all along but were not.

Of course you, as an expert, insist that Trump botched all of that, even the things which the President was not responsible for. And there is nothing that can be said to the contrary that will stop you from repeating, ad nauseum, that Trump effed it all up. That seems to be your "plan" or "strategy"--keep saying the Trump doesn't have a plan, that he messed up the plan, that's it's all about Trump.