View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #48
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Spence, I have some land to sell you... You seem to be satisfied with simple promises and nothing else. The wedge issues he has supposedly transcended are already biting him in the ass. Ask the gay community who thought they had their savior. Do you actually believe he will lead us into the next century when it is the year 2009? Are you living in a yurt or just eating mushrooms?
He is smart, the rest of your points are without merit.
I'm not an Obama zealot, and don't trust any politician to make good on their promises. What Obama does bring is a vision that the majority of America agrees with, and a sense of leadership that people seem to believe in. Bush 43 had the vision but little leadership, and we quickly came to understand that his vision was an election year stunt. I'm willing to give Obama a chance, as I stated above...

As for the gay issue, Obama clearly brings a new attitude towards these issues different than any previous US president. So they got their black t-shirts in a tizzy because he has a religious speaker who's not GLB friendy, big whoop. Personally I don't like what the man says, but it's clear Obama is trying to reach out.

Is it all calculated BS? Sure it is...but I'll give him some points for trying.

Where's the land?

-spence