View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 07:52 PM   #35
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
How about . . . ushering in one of the most corrupt administrations we've ever seen

Has this been verified? Is this opinion, hearsay, spin, innuendo, a lie?

How about undermining long-standing institutions like the FBI and freedom of the press?

Trump made the FBI ineffective, or incapable, or obsolete? According to you, and PeteF, it is about to bring down a presidency? That seems extremely strong, effective, in no way undermined. If anything, according to that, Trump actually sharpened its knives. Are you trying to have it both ways?

And I'm trying to figure out how Trump has in any way weakened the freedom of the Press. It daily "exposes" Trump and convinces you and Pete and wdmso and Nebe and Got Stripers that Trump is totally corrupt, incompetent, stupid, a clown, a con man, a traitor, a sexual deviant like no other, a pathological liar, a psychopath, while it is in no way prevented or diminished from doing so. It seems that Trump has, rather than undermining Press Freedom, he has also sharpened its knives. Again, are you trying to have it both ways.

How about House Republicans failing to fulfill their oversight obligations and instead acting as the Presidents patsy?

Wow!! The President's patsies? Obama had his House Democrats solidly behind him but were not patsies, Trump has a good number of enemies in his party's House, but they're patsies.

The Republican House oversight is fulfilling its obligations as it sees it by trying to get at the truth of charges against Trump and charges of FBI and Department of Justice malfeasance. That you don't like what they're doing, in your eyes, gives you the authority to say they are patsies. Seems to me more like you are spinning.

How about his abhorrent treatment of children and families at the border?

Following the law, which others did before him (but not as "abhorrently" in your spinning eyes), can be a bitch. The law does abhorrent things to people every day . . . but that doesn't bring a tear to your eyes. The notion that it was abhorrent looks, to me, to be another daily abhorrent attempt by anti Trump media (you know, fake news) to paint the Prez with all that bad stuff you believe . . . or swallow.

How about his neglect of our national security failing to address election meddling?

He has "addressed" it. Obviously not to your liking. Do you find it strange that this "meddling" is just now requiring attention? He has been addressing our national security more forcefully, in some ways, than his predecessor.

How about his dishonesty surrounding multiple affairs?

Pretty common, to be expected. What . . . do you expect him to be more honest about it than the parade of past President's? Or the past President's wives who knew but buttoned their lips or denied or aggressively tried to destroy the aggrieved women? Would you have thought better of Trump if he said yeah, I did it? Would that have stopped you, or the fake news, from hating Trump?

How about his embrace of our adversaries while pissing on our allies?

You're, on purpose, using the words "embrace" and "pissing," and if you were honest, which I don't think you are, you would know those are false characterizations.

I could go on for pages with this stuff and little of it has to do with partisan politics.

Have you seen his rallies lately? "I'd rather be Russian than a democrat" shirts, QAnon everywhere...if this is the future of the GOP be afraid.
I have probably seen a lot more of his rallies than you have. They are far more diverse than the stinky little pigeon hole you want to cram them into. You're a lot like fake news, you see only what you want, and spin it in the most demeaning and false ways to trash it.

if this is the future of the GOP be afraid.[/QUOTE]

And then, you do exactly what you accuse Trump of doing, you try to arouse fear.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-08-2018 at 09:00 PM..