Thread: Opiods
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 05:31 PM   #23
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
So now that you're interested
I brought this up because there was a painting contractor in Burlington, Vt who was "dealing"
He supplied his employees with drugs.
Sounds bad doesn't it
But think about it, they were showing up for work, gainfully employed, not stealing to get drug money, pretty much being good citizens.
He didn't make them addicts.
What he was doing is illegal, but is it immoral?
Maybe we need to go much further.
https://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...ue-not-a-crime

Nope - that is immoral, too. Particularly if it gets people hooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think it's more a combination of over prescribing and people generally just zoning out these days. Pills especially aren't hard to get and easy to conceal. Your Dr prescribes them so how bad can it be?
Not an excuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Some years ago I went to the walk in for an injured toe that got infected. Also managed to trigger a gout attack. The Dr ignored the gout which was an easy diagnosis and instead prescribed me a giant bottle of hydrocodone for the pain. With hindsight it was really irresponsible on his part.
Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Where are the pills now?
Still sitting in your medicine cabinet?
They should be disposed of
Then the fish and clams get hooked - but they can't get pregnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
No one cared about the opioid problem until it started killing Rich white kids on the cape and other communities

How do I know this I worked in a SEC35 state prison detox for 20 years and saw the demographic change coming thru the revolving door ... then came the concern prior to that it was city thing and no one gave a #^&#^&#^&#^&
Well Heroine and Opioids have been a problem or a couple centuries. In the past few decades none of the kids I saw get hooked on them were rich. They tended to be poor and if alive are often poorer still

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: