View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
Finaddict

Appliance Questions

Okay - so most of you guys know far more about this stuff than I do, so I have a series of appliance issues and thought you guys might have some answers on steps.

Living in this home, I rent ... It's a nice place, but the owner has let most of the appliances fall into disrepair ...

* Gas stove/oven - Pilot light is on, but it takes for ever to light ... it's very unsettling ... I told the landlord that I would buy a new one and leave the old one on her back steps ... if the gas company gives it a thumbs down - I have to get them to come and check it - I will follow up on that ... from the little that I posted above, does it sound like this oven is a problem?

* Dishwasher - after the wash cycle - there are a few inches of water still at the bottom of the machine ... does not drain completely ... I don't want water hanging around getting stagnant ... is this an easy fix?

There are other issues, but I figure this is a good start. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

"It was the blackest night! There was no moon in sight! (You know the stars ain't shinnin cause the sky's too tight) "
Finaddict is offline   Reply With Quote