Thread: GOP TAX PLAN
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 10:04 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The Trump Plan cost everybody who makes less than I think it was $125,000 money and saves money for everybody making over 125,000. Funny how the admin. shifted away from saying it was a reduction for everybody. Now the former deficit Hawks have their foot in their mouth after seeing how much the defecits will explode. The middle class thought they were going to benefit by the Trump presidency and they got played.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Which is the trump plan? There's a house plan and a senate plan, which is Trumps?

"The middle class thought they were going to benefit by the Trump presidency and they got played"

I am middle class (maybe upper middle class, no higher than that), and my IRA and 401k are going through the roof. That's real, Paul. I gave Obama credit for the stock market going up, fairness says Trump gets credit too.

If he slashes corporate tax rates, and he gives an incentive for corporate money overseas to come back here, that has to help at least a bit. Unemployment is very low right now. So if companies want to grow, they will have to pay attractive wages, because there's not much supply of labor.

Bill Clinton and George Bush cut taxes, and the economy did very well. Tax cuts CAN help, not always (see Kansas).