View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 05:05 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Supreme Court decisions based on the Constitution are interpretative... probably why few major decisions are voted 9-0.

I think the public hanging of child rapists and murderers would be Constitutionally acceptable and not conflict with the restriction of "cruel and unusual punishment". Others may disagree and perceive it as Unconstitutional.

The Constitution is a document which needs to be interpreted. I believe our Founding Fathers intentionally left the Constitution vague in some aspects to preserve the documents longevity and legitimacy as the country developed and changed.

If this were not the case, everything within the Constitution would have been written in clear, well-articulated detail. Should that have happened, the Constitution would not have stood up to the test of time as effectively as it has and it would now be an outdated, ineffective document that is discussed over a few days in History classes.
that is progressive pablum JD, I think you need to reacquiant yourself with the Constitution