View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #87
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
A lot of aero manufacturing is done in CT, PA, NY. Some also have offshore plants but the engineering is done in the US. A huge % of the entire aero supply chain is US based...Granted, it's one industry of many, but they're doing well.

Again, this is just one example, but I think a part of the unemployment problem we have right now is simply a correction as technology is becoming more advanced. business aren't "not" hiring because of technology advancements...they're not hiring because the business climate is so uncertain with the knucklehead currently in the Whitehouse...go back and read the comments from the various business leaders that had a lot to say about this

-spence
any actual evidence of this and whether it wll have any real impact? Who is "they"? I did a little searching and...maybe in your little sphere this is true and makes you giddy, but there is nothing to support that this is any kind of positive sign of either a turn around in the economy or a signal that jobs are being or will be created....I'm sure there's a pastry business out there doing well too...but it doesn't mean much in the overall scheme of things...