View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 06:24 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I just want to comment on this post for a second, because you’ve taken the stupid views of a guy who proposed to Ariana Grande after dating for 5 weeks and somehow peanut buttered that as some sort of liberal shadow agenda for hating military vets?

Dude... you gotta turn it down a little. We’re all Americans, and what divides us isn’t as good vs evil as you seem to think it is. This guy is a moron, and the skit fell very flat on that joke, but comedians are famous for doing stupid sh$t like that. It’s not the first time it’s happened, and it won’t be the last. But good god, it doesn’t mean a bunch of liberal elite NBC Democratic donors are laughing themselves to sleep thinking about the Navy SEAL they just mocked... turn off the Fox News for a little bit and try to think about things through an a non polarizing political viewpoint, it might help us actually imagine some future where we reverse this really awful trend we’re in where everyone is either a liberal or a conservative and if you’re one, your job is to try to make the other look like hitler

Because when you say, “#^&#^&#^&#^& these people” over a bad joke on a midnight comedy show... i just feel sorry for you
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
dude, i don’t gotta do anything.

this was a scripted skit on a major, mainstream network. not in some fringe show.

the put the mans photo on world tv, and made fun of the way he looks, and he only looks different, because he served three combat tours. if he has kids, how do you suppose this makes them feel?

as of last night, neither this comic nor SNL nor NBC has apologized.

i am well
aware, and saddened, by how divided we are. i think the SNL skit is a lot more divisive than my contempt for it.

you are of course, free to disagree.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device