View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 05:56 PM   #113
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Sometimes you get lucky. Republicans received far less than half of the votes cast in the midterms. Demographics are looking down for the Trumplican base. It won't hold long term, fear-mongering and division is not a way to grow a party. But your feckless leader doesn't care, since he will no longer be in office.

It applies when Trump and Trumplicans complain about their mistreatment from the many Trump has abused since he started his campaign.
Trump has been calling the media fake, anytime he did not like their coverage, since he started his campaign. Yet he expects to have them celebrate his exaggerated accomplishments without ever questioning them. As I have said many times he already praises himself more than he deserves, the man gave himself a grade higher than A+.
If you honestly think that Trump has done anything to ensure the long term viability of the Republican party, you spend too much time watching right wing media. He serves his base and does nothing to expand it.
Just look how wonderful Stephen Miller did yesterday, he is one of the least empathetic people I have ever seen, I can't believe they let him loose to speak in public. He is a living caricature of "hatred corrodes the container it is carried in".
i see! when your side wins, it’s just reaping what you sow. when my side wins, it’s not reaping what you sow, itsbthat ugly politics of division got lucky. in all those state races, in the senate seats that flipped for the gop, there’s no message there for you side, nope.

trump bashing also won’t work forever. democrats will need an agenda other than claiming that trump is genghis khan and that we need the dems to protect us from him.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device