Thread: Our Democracy
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 09:32 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
pretty funny that prior to election night, dems and many others were cocksure that the electoral college was their friend, I recall Jim repeatedly stating that there was no path for Trump electorally...the democrat electoral blue wall insured her success...now that the chosen one(thanks to super delegates ironically) has lost despite the "fact" that Trump could never succeed electorally, we must change 200+ years of PRESIDENTIAL election precedence to accomodate the losers????

the real and simple question is how many would be calling for the end of the electoral college if hillary had won.....?

ji
I cannot imagine I will live long enough to be more wrong about anything. I thought he had a chance of a NC/OH/FL sweep, but that was the easy pickin's, the low hanging fruit. I didn't think he had a prayer in any place less red than those three states. I will start ignoring all polls other than Investors Business Daily, which I understand has been the most accurate for the last 3 elections.

"the real and simple question is how many would be calling for the end of the electoral college if Hillary had won.....?"

I think you already know the answer to that!

Scott, I have to tell you, I stayed up until 4:00 AM, watching MSNBC with toothpicks in my eyes, so as not to miss watching those smug jerks eat crow. It was beyond glorious.