Thread: Gear...
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
Rockfish9

picutred left to right.. first a pair of two differant style of Polar tip up,made by Frabil.. I'm not in love with them.. I own 5 of each.. they serve their purpose on days when it's blowing a gale and you HAVE to fish( derby time)... some like them..as I said.. not a fan...

Next from left to right, aformentioned polar tip up...this particular one covers the hole... they do a good job of keeping blowing snow out of the hole.. and are virtualy impossible to trip by accident ( wind)

next is a home made deep snow parrell bar tip up... besides that is the old stand by 40 up... I've modified them to take my re-built spools and added blocks to the feet so they do not rock ( normaly you wold shim one crss bar with ice or snow) these live in my pack basket and are only called upon during deep snow missions...

to the right of the 40 up is a home made cross bar style trap ( the ones in the rocket launcher from the gear thread)... these are the ones I use the most.... next to that is a cusk devise... these are a fixed line that rests on the bottom... they contian no revolving spool and are set out for burbot ( also called cusk or eel pout) a fresh water cousin of the cod...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tip ups 2.jpg (97.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Tip ups 1.jpg (99.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Tip ups cusk devise.jpg (77.0 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Rockfish9; 11-03-2011 at 06:26 AM.. Reason: more spelling.. and I wasn't drinking!

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote