View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 10:24 PM   #27
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I think you either read into things too much or give it too much thought.

It didn't take much thought . . . perhaps a little more than the thought you gave to your remarks. Perhaps your reading more into my response than is necessary . . . it was pretty straightforward and uncomplicated.

I could have easily said "Thanks goodness....."

But you didn't. And you capitalized God . . . ah, I'm probably reading too much into your use of orthography and diction. But, then, perhaps you should pay a bit more attention to what you say and how you say it. Just a thought. Small potatoes. Not important. Especially if what you say is insignificant enough that giving it thought would spoil it.

Besides "Thank goodness" is a euphemism for "Thank God" or, more pointedly in this case, for "Thank god."

Either way, I'm thankful I don't feel the need to wish cancer on someone for they way they vote.

But why would you be thankful (to whom or what) that you don't feel the need to wish cancer on someone? To paraphrase Hillary, what difference does it make? And why are you so concerned if someone else does that you have to point it out and decide the person is miserable for doing so? And then be thankful that you were never "allowed" to do so? Maybe you should shake off the chains that constrain you and try it. Maybe those that say such things are relieving some unhealthy tensions. Unwind a bit. Loosen up and use that God-given, or naturally evolved, or personally concocted use of speech to express your dislike, or even hatred, of what others do . . . oh . . . I guess you do . . . in your own way. You're just nicer about it. Or seem to be.