View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 06:03 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The bill will never work. A lot of that cable bill is really paying for the long-term capital invement in the infrastructure to actually deliver the signal to your home.

It's not going to destroy MSNBC Jim, if anything you'll see FOX News subscribers subsidizing MSNBC and CNN viewers through artifically higher rates because they know they can get them.

-spence
I agree this bill won't pass. But everyone in the TV industry predicts that TV will be a la carte within 10 years, and when that day comes, you tell me how MSNBC survives. The ratings are abysmal.

"A lot of that cable bill is really paying for the long-term capital invement in the infrastructure to actually deliver the signal to your home"

Then let me buy the stations I want, at a price that allows them to operate. I shouldn't have to fund channels that are immoral.

So you're saying that businesses have the right to re-coup capital investment costs, via the products they sell? I agree. But not many on your side would agree with that, otherwise they wouldn't be demonizing health insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies, etc...if you continue to show your capilatistic side, you might have to turn in your membership card to the young Bolsheviks klub.

Do you still believe that the IRS targeting conservatives wasn't political? And when are you going to post support for your notion that the Libyan government stopped us from sending in special forcesa in Benghazi?