View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 05:29 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Union membership isn’t required to be in a union , you are not required to be a card carrying member. but you are required to pay what’s called an agency’s fee. Seeing you are benefiting from collective bargaining . In your pay and benefits

But this benefit is for the buyers of the EV cars not the union. Directly

The incentives include a current $7,500 tax credit to purchase a plug-in electric vehicle as well as $500 if the vehicle’s battery is made in the U.S. The bill also removes a 200,000-vehicle phase-out of the credit, allowing GM and Tesla customers to once again be eligible for the incentive. Buyers of EVs produced by unionized workers in the U.S. would be eligible for an additional $4,500 in tax credits, bringing the total incentives to $12,500

seems it is allowing the consumer to decide which product will benefit them the most. I doubt someone looking to buy a Tesla is going to buy a Nissan Leaf because the 4500 if they were union built .. 2 different cars for completely different drivers

Like the vaccines Money is the only way industry gets motivated to move in new directions
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i taught for awhile, was in the union,saw where my money was going and talked to a lawyer about getting out of the union, went nowhere, they’re too powerful.

i completely agree that those who opt out should not be part of union negotiated agreements on pay and benefits ( why should they?). but why should i give them money so that i can teach? why does a private organization say i have to give them money so i can teach children?

and almost everything a teachers union does, is at the expense of children, not for them. was a big big reason why i quit. they could care less about kids.

not all
unions are like that obviously. but the teachers unions could teach the mafia lessons about endless greed and corruption and strong arm
tactics.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device