View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 06:34 AM   #20
Clogston29
xxx

I don't know if France deserved to win that game but Portugal deserved to lose for their cowardly play throughout the tournament. Taking dives and faking injuries to kill a little time and let your team regroup is one thing, but to do it to try to draw unwarranted cards and break up the opponents run of play is cowardly. I know that other teams do it too, but they seamed to do it significantly more. And now we get to watch Christiano cry on the frield and cry to anyone who will listen about how they got screwed by the refs and how great he is

"'Everyone who saw the match could see that the referee wasn't fair....He should have shown yellow cards but he did not because Portugal is a small country. We just have to carry on working and then we will be a big country....I am a dangerous player. And maybe the French fans were upset to see a dangerous player. I am not worried at all."

Maybe if your team hadn't developed such a bad rep for diving, you would have gotten a few calls - Be a man, you lost, accept it.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Clogston29 is offline   Reply With Quote