Thread: Ready to Vomit?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #6
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
I have no idea about Oregon, but in Massachusetts, evictions can be quite drawn out and costly for the owner of the unit. My complex had a line in the lease that stated I waived my right to a trial by jury and all issues would be handled through an arbitrator. I struck that line right through, initialed the change and didn't have much issue with the manager about them accepting it.

Like TDF mentioned, "Just say No!"
Johnny, your landlord didn't have an issue with you striking that section because those "waive the right to trial by jury" clauses don't hold up in court. It's just a scare tactic to try to keep people from suing. We have all employee's sign one when they are hired.

As to the flag flap, screw the landlord. The tenants should leave and move somewhere else. I'd be willing to bet that there are other, patriotic landlords in town who would be happy to have the tenants in their buildings. The woman with the no flag policy will end up with what she deserves. If someone is offended by the American flag, they should go somewhere else because this is AMERICA. If I travel abroad, I don't feel offended when I see the Italian flag or the German flag or even the French flag. If I'm in those countries, I expect to see the flags of that country. That landlord is a douche.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio