View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Media Coverage Of Politics

Senator Menendez of New Jersey is a Democrat. He is up to his eyeballs in trouble right now. First, it was reported that a Florida eye surgeon (who has been a big donor to Senator Menendez) took Menendez to the Dominican republic, several times, on his private jet. Senators are required to disclose such things, and compensate the owner of the jet for the going rate for such trips. Menendez didn't disclose his trips until he got caught. It is reported that there were other trips he didn't disclose and pay for. It is also reported that Senator Menendez paid for sex with underage prostitutes in the Dominican Republic (that's just an allegation). It's also reported (and not disputed that I have seen) that Senator Menendez steered a $500 million port security contract to a security company owned by none other than the Florida surgeon who flew the Senator to the Dominican Republic (I'm sure that was just a coincidence).

No one, other than Foxnews, is giving any meaningful time to this story. MSNBC had Senator Menendez on last week to talk about the State of the Union, and incredibly (or maybe predictably) the investigations never came up during his appearance.

All of the news stations are going crazy over the fact that Senator Marco Rubio, a conservative Republican who is literally Public Enemy #1 to liberals for the forseeable future, took an awkward drink of water during his response to the State Of The Union address.

I didn't see Rubio's appearance. But if all the liberal pundits can do is point out that he had the audacity to take a sip of water, I assume there was nothing in his speech that the liberals felt they could refute.