View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 02:48 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
That the Ds move to the cities/coasts and R move to the rural areas.
"Who cares about Rachael Maddow. Until the Dems. elect her President, I could care less as I've haven't seen her for more than 15 min. total in the last year."

My point was, and you already know this, that the anarchists are all left-leaning. Every Republican National Convention, every G-8 summit, every election that doesn't go their way, every time a white cop acts in self defense...you can count on the rioters.

"you think I can't pull up things Trump said that are insulting?"

Here's the difference Paul, and it is a yuuge difference. I can admit that Trump is a jerk. Most liberals cannot concede that Hilary is a jerk, or a liar, or that she attacked her husband's victims, or anything bad about her. Yuuge difference.

I loved your comments about cities. Yes, many cities have museums, symphonies, universities, etc. Is that all there is to cities, Paul? No downside? If there is a downside, how come you left it out?

I grew up in West Haven, lived there from birth until age 25, I know all about New Haven. I saw firsthand what 40 years of unchecked liberalism did to the unfortunate people stuck there. If you think liberals have helped those people, and made those cities better than they were 40 years ago, of course you are entitled to that opinion.

You mention Charlotte again. I have news for you - Charlotte ain't liberal, not as we define it in New England. The cost of living is low, the taxes are very low, it is extremely favorable to business. I'm not saying it's as right wing as some towns in Texas, but it's not an example of "liberalism that works", either. Especially in terms of economics.

"In NC it is CHarlotte that has all the growth"

Tell that to the real estate developers who can't build neighborhoods fast enough in the suburbs of Charlotte. I'm not saying Charlotte isn't growing, but it's not remotely true to say that Charlotte has all the growth.

You are making up jibberish, rather than concede that I have a point.

"Did he tweet that he went?"

Did his visit only help the rich, as WDMSO said?