View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #97
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you've answered many actually which is very disturbing....the answer to my last question is obviously yes...two college aged individuals who are ill motivated can cause quite a bit of damage though you seem inclined to overlook all in the Ayers crew escapades, you continually dismiss and minimize and excuse the very clear intentions, rhetoric and actions that were more that just a snapshot in time for these people....the paralelles are pretty clear although you seem to be struggling....as was pointed out....the fact that they didn't kill more people was more a result of good fortune for the innocent rather than lack of effort or careful planning in their bombing operations....for that you seem to give them good marks
You said I couldn't answer a question, which was it?

And I haven't dismissed or minimized as much as provide context.

The fact that the WUO didn't kill people should be evaluated in context of their actual behavior and not what you want to think or assume. Based on their behavior the intent was to shock and agitate rather than kill, had it been otherwise people certainly would have died. That doesn't imply it was justified or moral, but had their actions led to actual deaths, the treatment by the government and society would most likely have been much different.

I don't see your "clear parallels" at all to be honest. Perhaps you could elaborate.

-spence