View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Jim:
Two things.

1. You must listen to Savae occasionally, as his book title and one of his catch phrase, is your catch phrase

2. Among scientists Al Gore is not the focal point of climate change, the SCIENCE is. He's a bit like Sarah Palin in that the left fixates on here; the right loves to fixate on Gore.

I could give a flying #^&#^&#^&#^& what Al Gore does, or does not do. does some of what he does make him a hypocrite? absolutely. I'm no Gore apologist. As far as him making a fortune off cap and trade; he is also taking a big risk if it doesn't move forward in away that favors him, no?
I have never listened to him, don't know when he's on, don't know what station he's on, could not tell you the titles of any of his books. That catch phrase we share is something I came up with based on my own observations, such as the observation I made here.

"he is also taking a big risk if it doesn't move forward in away that favors him, no?"

No. The exchange he owns a huge share of makes money today. It would make way more money if cap and trade were imposed. Plus, he has made a fortune on his books and movies and speaking engagements, so no, there'e not a whole lot of risk there.

You say Gore is not the focal point? His book sales make me question that.

I didn't ask if he was the focal point. I asked why liberals aren't NEARLY as skeptical about his motives with this issue, as they were with Bush/Cheney in Iraq. I don't know that anyone can prove that Bush/Cheney personally profited from Iraq, but Gore has sure profited from the global warming hype. I don't know if anyone can prove that Bush didn't genuinely believe there were WMDs in Iraq. But Gore's lifestyle would make any rational person question whether or not he believes what he's saying.

To be aware of Gore's lifestyle, and to also believe he cares about the environment, is, well, symptomatic of a mental disorder. How else can you call Gore the hero of this movement, when his environmental footprint dwarfs that of everyone else?

I don't need Michael Savage to tell me that liberalism is a mental disorder. Liberals make that crystal clear by endorsing a political agenda that insists that Osama Bin Laden deserves to live, but not the unborn baby in my wife's belly. They make it crystal clear by suggesting that massive government entitlements are the way to prosperity, despite what's happening to European economies as I type this. If that's not deranged, I just don't know what is.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 02-03-2011 at 02:16 PM..