View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
The above is nothing more than a long-winded verification of everything I said in my last post.

Since you made the assumption that I know little of the faith... Church every Sunday for 12 years with my grandmother, been through years of teachings, read the Bible cover-to-cover and done a lot my own research. The teachings of the religion isn't the issue, it's the people that selectively follow it and then blindly hide behind religion and state "because the Bible says so" while they live a life that is anything but pure and sinless.

"Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone." is a very widely known and understood teaching of the Bible, yet ignored by most followers.

You call yourself a devout Catholic yet 90% of your posts on here are filled with hate and criticism of your fellow man.
You are ignorant of the basics of the faith. If you think we are consciously "selective" about what we believe, you are ignorant about the foundations of the religion.

If you thing the presence of imperfect Catholics means the faith is flawed, you are ignorant of the most basic principles of the faith.

"90% of your posts on here are filled with hate and criticism of your fellow man"

There are politicians I hate, which makes me imperfect. Maybe you need to read slower, as I mentioned the acceptability of imperfection among Catholics...as long as we recognize our imperfections.