Thread: Embarassing
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 02:52 PM   #47
EarnedStripes44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I guess I dont, but I may be ignorant. There are affirmitive action laws, quotas, equal opportunity laws which favor minorities. I truly feel every person has equal opportunity in this country regardless of race. It may mean getting rid of the gang tatoos, cutting your dreadlocks and putting on a suit, but if you want to play the game, thems the rules. EVERY culture in America has morphed into the mainstream in order to succeed. No one wears kilts, wooden shoes, or garlic around their necks where I work.
Affirmative action laws are on the way out. Additionally, the greatest beneficiaries of affirmative action have been women (regardless of race).

There are still things your forgetting. Your culture (and mine) at work and the one you know at home are for the most part 1 and the same. Its not the case for everyone else. Some people live in 2 worlds, the suit and tie world and the chicken and grits worlds. I think were seeing that with Obama. He had his reverend and the southside of Chicago, and the Ivy Leaguers.

And every culture morphing into the "mainstream", thats a little intolerant dont you think. And "success", your going to have to operationalize that for me. Sounds like talking points from some British Immigration official.