View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #24
Rockfish9

now get your tail piece., select a length of wire, the factory loop is too large, you must form another, start by bending approx 2" of wire arond a small pair of needle nose pliars, pusing the round jaws of the pliears as tight as possible inside the loop bend each "leg" out at about a 45degerre angle, then close the loop, like all thing sin plug making, practice makes perfect... this loop should be considerably smaller than the factory one.... if it's not..DO IT AGAIN!

slide a nose gromet onto the wire, hook the loop onto the front half of the plug and inser the wire into the tail section. be certain to seat thenosr gromet... instal a .375 tail gromet onto the wire and bend it up ona 45 degree angle, using your needle nose pliars, make a neat round lop around the pliars... some guys continue the wrap in their hands, I have small hands and arthrits so I use the vise, I have substituted the original jaws in my vuise with a pair of soft jaws, made from 1" aluminum angle ( it can be bought at Lowes) counter sink the screws and you have a set of jaws that wont mar your wire....clamp the loop in the vise, as you make the first wrap pull the plug the oposite way ( slightly) to bind the wire tight to the body, as you continue around pus the plug in the oposite direction, now continue around theplug with each sucsessive wrap on top of the other, forming a neat loop that doesnt look like it was spun in a boat propeller!

Continued in the next frame...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	34 installing the tail.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	32881   Click image for larger version

Name:	35 tail  wrap 2.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	32882   Click image for larger version

Name:	35 tail wrap finish.jpg