View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 10:15 AM   #16
Van
zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
That said, while clearing the driveway yesterday (and the street because Quincy was hit hardest) the "independant" plow drove by waved to me as I got out of his way. Then I said WAIT WHAT ???? The blade is up. He's just driving around getting his GPS miles to charge to my taxes and NOT DOING HIS JOB !!!

[/QUOTE]
Van,
Trust me, you're most likely wrong.
I've been plowing streets for about 30 years ( as a matter of fact back in either 1985 or 86 plowed your neighborhood for the city of Quincy when I lived off Sea st.)
Lots of the time the end of the storm we end up driving around cleaning up what what gets thrown back into the streets, either by people shoveling out, snow falling off cars from people too lazy to clean off their cars, cars skidding of the road making a mess or whatever.
Sure there are always bad apples but a lots of the times it's not always what it looks like.[/QUOTE]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry....
Late response, I was on vacation in Islamorada where there is NO SNOW and the fishing was AWESOME..I think I'm going to retire soon down there. Lots of fishing YEAR ROUND' and warm weather.

Ron...I admit, I've been been wrong on many occasions. But the street was an absolute mess as it was still snowing, when he drove by. It would need multiple passes to get it opened up and it was not done yet. I had been using my own snowblower to clear parts of the road just so that we could maneuver cars in and out to clean the end of the driveways and so that people could get out (but for whatever reason I don't know) !!!

This is the same GC (contracted by the city) that does the street every time. I'm not saying all drivers are bad. Yes, there are always some bad apples in the mix this may be one of them.

Anyway lets just think of warmer weather, melting snow and going fishing......

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Things done at the last possible minute are done with the greatest possible information. Procrastination is, therefore, the most efficient means of doing things.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote