View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #62
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by wader-dad View Post
Sorry I am in the mood to get all of this off my chest.

If the US is a football team, we had a few losing years and this year is a total collapse- we are now 1-15 and are getting blown out in every game. Mr. Bush is the head coach and Mr. Cheney is assistant head coach. Mr. McCain is on the staff-there is no denying it. even if he is wide receiver coach or assistant in charge of quality control- he is on the coaching staff. So what happens in football when you are 1-15? Do you promote the wide receiver coach or linebacker coach that wants to run the same offense with a few new plays? Or do you bring in a new guy with a whole new coaching staff. In football - you bring in a whole new staff

Who would be on McCains's coaching staff and who would be on oBama's staff. The staff includes the Secretary of State and their entire staffs, Secretary of the Treasury and their staffs, Secretary of Defense and their staffs, Secretary of Energy and their staffs, Interior, DEP, Commerce, Attorney General, Justice Department, HUD, FBI, National Security Agency, SEC, Education,Supreme Court Justices. You don't just get a head coach and thats it. There are hundreds of assistant coaches that help run this country.

Is McCain going to replace all of these people that are loyal republicans? No. All of these advisors to Bush that gave him terrible advice and lead him into trouble will still be around and influencing McCain.

If Obama wins, he appoints his coaching staff. Even if people hate him- they don't think he is stupid. He is not stupid. I think that he would appoint smart people. Clinton appointed smart people. Smart people with fresh outlooks come up with the ideas to solve the problems. We need some new thinkers, new plans. The new plans won't be just a handout. Obama believes in family responsibility. We just can't continue being pissed off that unemployable people with no skills just sit on their asses. There is extreme poverty in this county that is a disgrace.

I love republicans- my wife is a republican- In my experience, republicans are the more charitable and volunteer more than Democrats, they are the salt of the earth--but the republican head coach and his staff have totally failed their fans. They really do not have the same values of their fans. They are beholding to what they perceive as the owners of the team- the top 1%.

We need a new coaching staff just as much if not more than new head coach. USA USA USA
Didn't the Patriots try this with #^&#^&#^&#^& MacPherson? How'd that work out for them?

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan