View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 07:33 AM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Jim , you are assuming the President was available to give orders . From everything I've read he was not. We have no idea where the president was at the time of this attack. If there's nothing to hide then they should tell us where the hell he was.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Another reason why we need more answers.

The hot question for me is, when (if ever) was the cavalry ordered to get there ASAP? It doesn't take more than 20 minutes to get a quick reaction force off the ground. And it seems to me, that on the anniversary of 09/11, after we had received serious threats, and the Ambassador asked for more security, we'd have the cavalry pointed in that direction and ready to go at a moment's notice. According to Spence's link, it was 12 hours from the start of the attack to when the last Americans left the area. In that time, we could have landed Marines from the continental US. Presumably someone was a lot closer than that.

We got caught with our pants down (State dept, under Hilary, denied Stevens' request for extra security). We likely didn't respond nearly as aggressively as we could have. It happened 8 weeks before a Presidential election, during which one of Obama's major themes was that Al Queda was on the run. You don't need to be Steven Hawking to make a really good guess as to what happened and why.

I feel sick for those families. Hilary sends Stevens to Libya, denies his request for extra security, we did noting to help him during the attack, Obama (at best) was reluctant to call this attack what it was, and we haven't brought anyone to justice for what happened. It's a disgrace (but maybe to be expected when our President thinks he can make everyone like him because he's so charming), and very likely a scandal.