Thread: Arra 1322
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 09:14 AM   #4
saltfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
I have an Arra 1322 wrapped conventional. It is at least 20 years old. in good condition but I never use it and was wondering if I could have it all stripped and wrapped spinning. Great rod and just sitting around for last decade plus. I don't care what it will look like after just be functional. P.
Paul;The biggest issue is the reelseat and grips.If the blank was sanded prior to the epoxy used to mount the reelseat and hypalon/cork grips it's much tougher to remove.If the original blank finish is still there it's just time consuming to flake off the old epoxy.Removing the wraps and guides is pretty easy.Razorblade[single edge] the guidefoot only and use something softer than the blank finish to flake the wrap finish off.Like a plastic knife[smoothside],credit card,rod builders burnishing tool,or a piece of hard wood to push against the finish.Cleaning the blank afterwards I use lacquer thinner,denatured alcohol,acetone.I spot test solvents to see which works safest 1st.Take your time.Dremel type tool to cut a groove on opposite sides of the reel seat.screwdriver in groove twist to breakaway from epoxy.
saltfly is offline   Reply With Quote