View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Spence, I pray that you never work for the Dept Of Homeland Security.

You point out that the Times Square bomber was, in addition to being Muslim, an American citizen who was neatly dressed. The problem with that logic, Spence, is that his citizenship nor his clothing chioces, were his motivation for killing Americans. The guy believes that Islam commands him to kill Americans, that makes him a Muslim terrorist.

Spence, do you really believe that there is no connection between Islam and jihadists? Do you dispute that they are motivated by religion?

We all know that not all Muslims are terrorists. Only kooks deny that most terrorists are Muslims. The LOWEST estimate I have ever seen, estimated that one half of one percent of Muslims are fanatics who would support jihad. Unfortunately, 0.5% of 2 billion Muslims is ten million.

I did 2 tours in Iraq with the USMC, I know a lot about these people.

And Spence, if you think Juan Williams' remark (being afraid to sit next to muslims on a plane) was offensive, that suggests that when you're on a plane, you really make no distinction between an elderly nun and a young muslim yelling "Allah is great!". There are 3 types of people. Those who agree with Juan Williams, liars (who agree but won't admit it), and crazy people.