View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #28
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Spence, I give up.
If you cant understand Americans, myself included, being nervous or concerned when they see muslims on an airplance, sorry to insult, but you are a moron. Its really that simple. This is not a complicated analysis.
I've never said that I can't understand why Americans, including yourself or Juan Williams get nervous around Muslims. What I said was that the issue is what you do with it. You don't say I get nervous, I know it's wrong, but I do it regardless. Instead, you justify your fear through stereotypes. If I was a Muslim that would probably offend me quite a bit, even if I could appreciate why you thought it.

Quote:
As an FYI, I've shared this before, Im 1/4 arab. My uncles on my Mom's side look pretty much like Sadaam Hussein. I SWEAR TO GOD - Do you know how hard we laugh at family gatherings about them traveling! They say how no one wants to sit next to them. They think is hilarious and more importantly - THEY UNDERSTAND !!!!
Good to see there's a sense of humor. What they probably understand is that many people's perceptions of Arabs, Persians and Muslims are formed primarily from the images they see on TV of terrorism and war. There are a lot of Arab's in the US, especially Lebanese Christians around our age. Let's start profiling them by their looks and see how long they think it's funny.

-spence