Thread: Obama Care
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #87
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Funny thing:

I was talking to a Canadian who lives and works in the US now.

He was treated for and survived childhood cancer. Spent a lot of time dealing with his own personal healthcare. He had zero issues with the health care system in his experience... he can't figure out what the big fuss is here over 'Obama Care'....

it was an interesting perspective....
That might have been years ago, I have a very good friend who was born in Canada and went to College in Boston. He ended up settling down here in the states and had a pretty good semi pro hockey career. His Mom and Dad lived in Ontario and his Mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer about 4 years ago. His Mom and Dad had enough of the system and would come to the states so that she could be treated. His Dad finally put a request in with work to relocate to the States and they now live here. 2 very different stories and I'm sure there are many more that tell different sides. He will say to this day that if his Mom stayed, her chances wouldn't have been as good.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"