View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 01:18 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Nobody said they were going out of business. They made a business decision with the hopes that it would wake him up, I'm sure there were a number of factors involved. Don't forget he's going to meet with Xi Jinping shortly and I guarantee you GM wants this #^&#^&#^&#^& over with.
The tariffs have made long range forecasting in most multinational industries scary at best, how do you make plans a year out if you don't know costs, the impact on your pricing and what will happen to the market you are in.
I might do 10% or 50% or some other number, we'll see.........
Maybe we will grant you a waiver.......

Figure that into your plan and explain it to your shareholders when you guess wrong.
"They made a business decision with the hopes that it would wake him up, I'm sure there were a number of factors involved"

How do you know that Trump had anything to do, with their decision to discontinue production of certain vehicles? Has that been published? Because what I read, is that they cut production of vehicles that weren't selling. I didn't see Trump mentioned. Are you on the Board of Directors?

The tariffs have a big downside, they could turn out to be a disaster (we don't know yet). What I've asked you several times, is how the tariffs are responsible for GM's announcement. And you refuse to answer. Again.