View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 03:02 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim, NYC is one of the most expensive cities to live in, not because of liberal policies but because 20 million people are competing for housing. She bought an 85k house in the middle of nowhere so her taxes are obviously going to go down significantly.

To extrapolate this into a conclusion on the failures of liberalism requires a stretch I didn't think you were even capable of. I hate to break it to you, but there is no irony.
"NYC is one of the most expensive cities to live in, not because of liberal policies but because 20 million people are competing for housing"

And if she claimed she moved because of real estate prices, you might have a shred of a point. She didn't, so you don't. She specifically mentioned taxes, not real estate prices.

"She bought an 85k house in the middle of nowhere so her taxes are obviously going to go down significantly"

Oh. So you're saying NY state doesn't have cheap houses upstate, "in the middle of nowhere", that she could have moved to? Why did she go all the way to FL? CT has plenty of condos in that price range, but the taxes are a whole lot higher than what she's enjoying in FL.

"To extrapolate this into a conclusion on the failures of liberalism "

I didn't extrapolate a thing. You said she "had to" move all the way from NY to FL, because of money. Your words, not my extrapolation. Governor Cuomo is currently making a very, very big deal about the ruinous impact of taxing people to the point where they leave.