View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #7
BasicPatrick
M.S.B.A.

Location: I live in the Villiage of Hyannis in the Town of Barnstable in the Commonwealth of MA
Send a message via AIM to BasicPatrick Send a message via Yahoo to BasicPatrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
The Center for Biological Diversity (CBD) has petitioned NOAA for an ESA listing for BFT. NOAA has entertained that petition.
Don't for one minute believe this ESA listing won't happen if we sit on the sidelines. Alot of effort has gone into fighting this very real petition. I urge everyone to join ABTA and stay informed and active.
Buckman...now I agree with you completely but I sure hope that the comments at the meeting in Gloucester were focused on the long line quota issues and not the ESA petition because the hearing was about the longline quota issues and any comments about the ESA petition were a waste of breath at that particular hearing. Winning this issue is all about understanding how rulemaking works and making the right moves. ABTA puts out great info but make no mistake if you took the ABTA talking points form the ESA hearings and used them at this hearign it was a huge mistake. This round of hearings is about giving the longliners our fish. Do not make the mistake of confusing the two issues or we will loose on both points.

"It is impossible to complain and to achieve at the same time"--Basic Patrick (on a good day)

BasicPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote