View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 09:37 AM   #5
scottw

just read this in the local paper....good grief....

the solution apparently is mental health counselors specializing in "climate stress issues"..

what tf is being done to these poor people...?

"Sixteen-year-old Ben Doyle often feels "pervasive guilt." It creeps up when he leaves the water running a little too long while brushing his teeth, or when he drinks from a single-use plastic bottle.

In those moments, he says, "I really feel like I’m only hurting myself and acting against my interests and the interests of everybody around me."

Doyle, a student at Portsmouth High School in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, said he experienced "hopelessness" when the U.S. withdrew from the Paris Climate Agreement in 2020.

Ben Doyle, 16, of Greenland, New Hampshire, struggles with the feeling of emotional distress stemming from the environmental crisis.
The term "climate anxiety" immediately strikes a chord with him – the phenomenon of emotional distress stemming from the planet's environmental crisis. Around the world, members of Generation Z – currently 9-24 years old – are experiencing it acutely, according to new data. And many people in their child-bearing years are torn between the future that awaits and their personal desire to have kids."