View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 07:06 AM   #134
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I checked out both books in question. There is some graphic content but it's nothing a teenager would get scarred by, hell, consider what they can see online even with content filters.

The more important thing is these books deal with LGBT issues as the authors discuss the challenges they had coming of age. That is the real reason they want the books banned...to de-legitimize LGBT people.
you read both books?

my 8th grader read a book where a girl told her friend, she desperately wanted her boyfriend to eat her p*ssy. she shaved, so that he wouldn’t get hair in his teeth. not exactly “it’s a far far better thing that i do, than i have ever done”, but maybe it has a certain flair to it.

my son wasn’t scarred in the least. But that doesn’t mean it belongs in a public school. there are plenty of terrific books out there that don’t have x-rated pages within them.

this isn’t rocket science. and it’s only divisive because your side can never, ever, under any circumstances, concede that the right can be correct in anything. You’re not confident enough in your beliefs to admit that both sides can have good ideas . you’re all so desperately clinging to an ideology that’s becoming exponentially weirder and more extreme by the day, that any and all dissent must be dismisses as lunacy.

no one said kids are permanently scarred by this crap. just that there are far better books kids can read.

but you can’t respond to that, because it’s too logical and obvious.

“that’s the real reason they want books banned.”. right, because you’re so good at understanding the motives behind those with whom you disagree.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device