Thread: More kitchens
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 05:52 AM   #23
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookedagain View Post
The guys I work with don't get it. I try to explain to them that I get so much more accomplished when I work alone compared to working with the whole crew. No-one asking me to help them, questions about what they're doing, can I borrow a tool.....alone is much more peaceful and productive. I your case, being at your own shop is an added bonus.
No doubt about it.....working alone is way more productive and a lot less aggravation. Last kitchen I installed, while finishing up the soffit and crown, the electricians new helper, decided to switch and plug the kitchen receptacles. Well i could tell this kid was pretty green, so I nicely told him...."I cant have you in my way while I do my work here." He seem startled that I would claim that area as my own workspace.
Next day as I just finish putting the island cabinets in place, same youngster comes in and piles all his supplies in the upper drawers. This time I said loudly "Dont put your stuff there"
He must have told his boss....because he came in and asked "why you yelling at my guy"
I said "Well... either you teach him some job etiquette or i will"
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote