Thread: Redfin Talk
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 07:10 AM   #6
DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linesider82 View Post
DZ,

Thank you for your diligence in sharing your experiences in fishing over the years. It is a blessing to all of us. New and old alike, and particularly the new crowd who might gain some perspective on reality of fishing in any given year. Your thoughts and detailed account provide a measure of oneself to a counter point of another who is valued as a great fisherman. The result is simple, I am a better fisherman today than I was yesterday because of what you contribute.

Most on this website probably had a direct mentor teaching them the basics, teaching them the advanced aspects of surf fishing. I didn't have that because my grandfather passed when I was very young and my Uncle (his son) moved away in my prime years so to speak. or most influential years.

So what I fish for today is and always has been that connection with my grandfather, a ghost hunt for what was intended. The late night phone calls with my uncle to connect to my roots and the bridge you chose to build for the next guy or gal in line for that same feeling.

This year, I got to speak at the CT surfcasters show, and I spoke after Dennis. To me that was like being the opening act trying to go after the headliner. How do you fill those shoes? You cannot, you're young and dumb. However, I thought of our professions. Dennis a Navy guy; myself a land surveyor, the connection was simple to me, there are no connections here, think of something else...

So I thought about my grandfather again, and how I didnt get to learn from him, but rather how I learned from others who I respect.

Thank you Dennis again for sharing your knowledge to the community at large and also sharing that at the CT surfcasters show. As a new guy, I read your articles, your book, your presentations with intent of being a better fisherman.

Thank you.
Linesider - Thanks for the kind words. Members here have been saying this site is not what it once was for information. Puppet posted some great info about the chamois trailers - I'm just trying to help by adding the three part plug series to help keep the momentum going. Hopefully it gets members motivated to participate in some discussion beneficial to our fishing community.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote