View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 11:24 AM   #18
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I look at it this way, the families of those people suiffer everyday. Those in prison, while life is miserable, can still have some pleasure,read books, whack-off, write poetry, whatever.....they should not have that right
so you dems are FOR other inmates torturing them?sounds cruel and unusual to me...
I believe some people should die and are not fit for living.
For the record, I am NOT a republican. I want the government to protect me and my family, plow my roads, empty my garbage (that includes prisons), and give me the OPPORTUNITY to live as I see fit. I'd vote for any party that stands for that.
I love it.

Don't label ME a Republican, but I'm free to whitewash an entire party, if you belong or not (my choice) with my HATE because we differ on an issue.

Boy, you got problems.

Sounds like your beef is with the prison system for being too much of a cakewalk and not the Democratic party (who's walking in step with the rest of the industrialized world.)

I personally don't see how killing someone is in any way payment to society for their ill ways. I also don't believe the death penalty is a deterrent to crime.

Considering the cost of execution under our legal system is so incredibly high, that there does exist the potential to kill an innocent person and that the vast majority of countries who do still allow it are led by oppressive dictatorial regimes...Who's company do you want to keep?

It seems like the Dems in NJ had the opportunity to get this through and so they took it. Considering the considerable pain these cases do cause how infrequent they may be (TX aside), why not just remove it from the books and save everybody the cost and headache?

-spence